Setting your skin up for radiance with our favourite botanical duo - because although both our Nourishing Facial Oil + Moisturizer hydrate and nourish skin on their own, combining them together for an indulgent facial massage has quickly become one of our personal favourite beauty rituals.
Today, we're sharing how to use them in combination for a dewy, radiant complexion, naturally.
Nourishing Facial Oil
Plant oils are naturally rich in essential fatty acids, which work to support the structure of skin cells, keeping them firm and plump, and the appearance of skin youthful!
A powerful blend of botanical ingredients that creates a vitamin-rich, luxurious moisturizing facial oil, our formula is lightweight and penetrates effectively to illuminate, brighten and correct the appearance of skin tone for a balanced, radiant complexion.
Nourishing Facial Moisturizer
Moisturizers work to effectively hydrate and protect the skin from elements like pollution and harsh, dry weather, while delivering essential nutrients for a smooth, even complexion.
Our blend of soothing chamomile, nutrient-rich essential oils, and ultra-hydrating shea butter make this luscious yet gentle moisturizer perfect for daily use.
Benefits of our Botanical Duo
- The high antioxidant content found in our oil helps prevent and repair cellular damage from free radicals. This damage may show up as sun spots, an increase in fine lines or uneven texture. We love combining the healing benefits of our Nourishing Oil with the soothing benefits of our moisturizer to help to prevent and repair cellular damage and reduce inflammation.
- Plant oils easily pass through the lipid bilayer, and when paired with our Nourishing Facial Moisturizer, they help draw nutrients deeper into the layers that make up your skin. With more oils and nutrients making their way into the cells, water loss is prevented, maintaining a plump, hydrated complexion!
- After years of 'oil free' products and harsh, alcohol based toners, the beauty industry is finally coming around to the fact that oils actually help balance skin! Although it may seem counter-intuitive, adding oil to your moisturizer can help balance your own production of oil. This occurs because when the skin is properly hydrated, overactive oil glands are signaled to stop producing.
5 Step Self-care Facial Massage
For an extra indulgent self-care ritual, combine 2-4 drops of our facial oil to a small amount of moisturizer. Combine and warm between finger tips before gently massaging into skin. For best results, follow the steps below:
- Using the tips of your fingers, start at the chin and massage oil in firm, sweeping motions outwards. Repeat this 5 times.
- Moving to the nose, repeat. Apply oil outwards in firm, sweeping motions towards the ears. Repeat 5 times.
- Move to the forehead and repeat. Apply oil outwards in firm, sweeping motions. Repeat 5 times.
- Move to your eye area, and find the orbital bone. Starting inwards (closest to your nose) and moving out, massage the oil in a circular direction, moving all the way around your eye. Repeat 5 times, and then repeat in the opposite direction.
- To finish, press the oil into your upper lip and chin with moderate pressure, releasing any tension you may be experiencing.
We can't wait to see you glow - don't forget to share your experiences with us on Instagram. Tag us and #ourwoodlot!